Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Poland --evocative blog posts about Lesko cemetery (and synagogue)

Lesko Jewish cemetery, 2006. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber


By Ruth Ellen Gruber

I have just come across two very detailed blog posts about the synagogue and ancient Jewish cemetery in Lesko, in the far southeastern corner of Poland.

Both posts, on http://riowang.blogspot.com, are very informative and  richly illustrated with photographs -- they make me wish I had spent more time in Lesko when I was last there, in 2006, updating JHT.

Lesko synagogue, 2006. Photo (c) Ruth Ellen Gruber

2 comments:

  1. look like a beautifull place !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruth, thank you very much for this mention and the links. It is a honor for me. I appreciate very much your guide that I use in the Hungarian version. Please feel free to use any of my photos either in the two Lesko posts or in the other Jewish-themed posts of the blog (some more on Eastern European Jewish cemeteries will come soon).

    Best wishes and keep on the good work
    Tamás, Budapest

    ReplyDelete